Thursday, November 24, 2011

OOTD- New scarf!

Hi, everyone! I can't believe it's been a week since I posted anything!

I was not planning on taking a week off from blogging, but I guess that's life!

I ended up taking a very impromptu and unexpected one day mini vacay that was AMAZING.

I've planned trips with a week or two to spare, but I don't think I've ever mentioned an idea for a road trip at 10:00 at night and then hit the road 12 hours later.
The spontaneity totally added to the fun.

I'm back now and so excited to share with you the goodies I got from during the Just Add Color Fall Swap hosted by Jessica and Ashlee.


I got paired with Jinny from A Girl In the Real World.

She is such a sweet girl and you can't read her blog without smiling.

My package arrived in the mail and I could not get that thing open fast enough!

Inside was the most GORGEOUS purple scarf that had SPARKLES all over it!
It was perfect for me because

1. I LOVE sparkle and/or bling
2. I LOVE purple
3. I don't have any purple scarves
4. I don't have any scarves with sequins all over
5. I wear a scarf every single day when it's cold outside

In case you can't tell - I really LOVE this!

Another exciting item was ...drum roll please.... my first ESSIE nail polish! I am so excited about this! I have coveted the brand for SO long, but have never had one to call my very own.
None of the drugstores in my small town carry it and every time I go to Target I am already spending way too much money to justify buying a bottle.

I really love this color- Gray is definitely one of my faves and I think it looks so cool on nails. Plus, I love gray and purple together so I can't wait to rock this scarf/ nail combo.

The scarf up close:
Paired with one of my favorite hoodies and a gray beanie. The first of many wearings, I'm sure.
Here it is- the one and only...
My camera was giving me problems, but the name of this beauty is "Power Clutch" and it's the perfect shade of gunmetal gray.


Overall, I got a great partner and a great package! Thank you so much Jinny, Jessica and Ashley, this was SO much fun!!

5 comments:

  1. very cute scarf!

    Xo Samantha

    www.samanthaelizabeths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that scarf! And I got my first Essie polish from this swap too! Lol. Jinnys a great girl so I'm glad y'all got paired up. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, you guys! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your swap package.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that scarf! Power clutch is on my to get list! So glad you joined up for the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @samantha- thank you!

    @jessica- that's awesome! go essie! thanks for hosting the swap and giving me a great partner! (I seem to be doing really good in the swap - pairing department!) lol!

    @jinny- Thanks for sending it- both picks were perfect for me!!

    @ashlee- thanks ,me too !

    ReplyDelete