Thursday, November 10, 2011

OOTD and Frosting is My Friend

Yesterday I went to sleep at 7:00. It was weird. I'm usually drinking caffeine at 7 , gearing up for the night. I was not feeling good and having issues. Hubby made me a sandwich at around 6:30, I tried to fight through it, and then gave in, took some Nyquil and was out. I got up at 4:00 and thought I was going to be up for good, but ended up going back to sleep until 8. So i think it's safe to say I am pretty well rested today. Feeling a lot better. Not 100%, but I think I'll live.

I have something very special to share with you: Really bad bathroom OOTD pictures! I guess it was only a matter of time before I took over the ladies room and turned it into a runway. This particular bathroom was the bathroom at Whole Foods, and it was extremely awkward taking these when someone came in and found themselves getting flashed in the face (with the camera flash, not body parts.) I could have explained "It's for my blog!" Instead I just stared and smiled as they walked by and then got the heck out of there before they had to wash their hands! Embarrassing!! Oh well, we've all been there, right? Right?

First, in the mirror...



Then in the corner by the trash can...
Thinking to myself, "Is this weird?"

Quick close-up shot of the lace detailing....and I'm out!
Thanks, Whole Foods, your bathrooms are so pristine. Let's not make this a regular thing though, OK?
I have a secret about this shirt...I got it at KMART! It's from the Selena Gomez teen line! Below: a pic of a few "celebs" wearing it! Celebs= Selena Gomez and the lesser known Kardashian sisters. I like it buttoned better, but the buttons are kind of flimsy and I didn't want to strain them all day against an actual chest- so I left it open and/or tied. I may switch out the buttons next time I wear it. It has cute elastic detailing at the waist that you can't really see when it's open. I love the colors though, and it was cheap. Is KMART even around anymore? I know my town has one, but I don't remember seeing them very often.


I am definitely a sweets girl, and for me...it's all about the frosting. Cake is good, but I more look at it as a vessel with which to deliver the frosting to me in the best possible way. I have been known to eat it straight from a bowl with a spoon. My sister in law always gives me the extras whenever she bakes, and I eat that straight up! And now, my favorite cupcake bakery is selling frosting by the tub! Oh Yeah, I am a happy girl! I believe frosting can cure all. I think it worked on me!!!




1. My favorite new blog of the moment is Just A Girl In A City. It's not new, but new to me. I love the pictures!

2. Something I am thankful for is my parents. They still take care of me even though I don't need them to.

3.
Something that made me laugh this week was my nieces. They were over at my mom's house today and playing dress up with them was so fun. We also decorated ginger bread cookies together. One of my nieces is even more obsessed with candy than the average kid so she had a blast! I think more made it in her mouth than on the cookie.


4. An item that is currently on my wish list is I'm still looking for a good pair of oxfords that don't make my legs look weird. I finally found an awesome midi length pleated skirt at H & M so I can cross that off my list!

5. I am excited about my sister's next visit. I can't wait!

6. If I were a color I would be red. Because I'm half Puerto Rican and that makes me fiery!

7. My favorite way to spend a chilly fall day is by
reading a really good book from start to finish. Especially if there's slippers, hot chocolate and a heat source involved. I also love taking walks in the brisk air and baking something that makes the house smell heavenly.


I hope I get to write some checks tomorrow! I thought the 1st was fun- so this is gonna be cool! Yes, I am a nerd and very easily amused.

Bye, everyone!


0 comments:

Post a Comment