Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Packing


I also used this last weekend as a chance to pack for an upcoming trip. My fam and I are headed to Alaska! Since we're in northern Cali we are heading up through Oregon (with stops in Ashland and Portland), Washington (stops in Seattle), and stops in Canada before spending time in Alaska. I have been before, but the last time was when I was eight and my parents stuffed four kids into a motor home for a month a DROVE to Alaska. I don't remember much (could be because of my age- could be because of trauma causing me to block out memories of this vacation.) I am looking forward to relaxing, sight seeing, reading and being with my family. Especially my sister who lives in SCOTLAND and is flying in for the trip plus an extra week afterward. This trip has been the hardest to pack for. The weather in Oregon and Seattle is warm and sunny. The weather in Alaska is cold and rainy. Add onto that formal nights and nice dinners on the cruise we're taking and I was at a total loss for what to bring. I finally forced myself to FOCUS and was able to pack what I hope will be the perfect mix of warm and cold clothes. I guess we'll see how that works out. I definitely had to adjust from the warm weather vacations I'm used to. Less minis and open toe wedges, more cardis and tights. I'm sure I will end up with a ton of stuff I don't need and stuff I wish I had thought to bring. Isn't that every trip though?

0 comments:

Post a Comment